Friday, October 12, 2018

What's on Your Playlist?

Bella comes home and tells me about her day.  This is a daily occurrence.  I get details of conversations, classes, lunch discussions, etc.  And when I say details, I mean DETAILS.

One day she came home telling me about  supervised study and how she had a sub who was walking around the room.  Bella was on her computer, working on a math program.  Her computer is a touch screen and the program is interactive.  The teacher was standing behind her and then said, to the whole class, "There will be no game playing on your computers."  Bella turned and told the teacher she wasn't playing a game and showed the teacher all of her open tabs.  They guy next to her said, "it was probably the math one."

Anyway, that really isn't what my post is about today.   When Bella is in supervised study, she can listen to music.  She usually listens to Spotify.  (we have the free version of the app so we get commercials).  She has playlists on hers and sometimes she just plays other random playlists.  This day she had it on and the only song that played over and over was "Girls on Film" by Duran Duran.  She went on to tell me that the song is now permanently in her head after hearing it over and over for an hour.  Bella said that Spotify was "being a butt" and would only play this song (that's her favorite saying, by the way).

I asked her if she had other Duran Duran songs on her playlist and she said no.  Girls on Film is the only song that she knows by Duran Duran.

Of course, I told her that I would have to educate her a little and have her get to know some of the other Duran Duran songs.  I even started to play from my Duran Duran playlist.

So, what's on your playlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment