Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Funeral Sweater

Bella needed to borrow one of my black sweaters.  As I was handing it to her, I said, "Don't lose it.  I like this sweater.  It's my funeral sweater."

First of all, I said this because she can be a little carefree when she is using something that does not belong to her.  My words were chosen so she would remember that the sweater belongs to me and not to leave it anywhere.  Yes, I can totally see her forgetting the sweater somewhere and not telling me about it for days.

The addition of, "It's my funeral sweater, " was said to be funny.  But, honestly, it's a go to in my funeral wardrobe and I really can't afford to lose any funeral items.  

When Bella returned from the party, she handed me the sweater and said, "Here's your funeral sweater.  I didn't lose it."

Bella then went on to say that, while at the party, she made sure she told all of her friends that she was wearing her Mom's funeral sweater.  Apparently that got a lot of laughs from the group.

I'm so glad that my funeral wardrobe is getting used (quite frequently I might add) and is providing entertainment for the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment