Friday, October 5, 2018

Vegan Diaries - Cuban Style Black Beans

To say that I am obsessed with Cuban Style Black Beans is an understatement.

I had some Cuban Style Black beans at a local restaurant about a year ago.  They were delicious!  I've been trying to figure out a recipe (that doesn't require bacon fat).  I think I've finally found something that's pretty close.

Here's the recipe:

Cuban Style Black Beans - Vegan

ingredients:

2 TBSP olive oil
1/4 onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 garlic cloves, minced
1 TBSP dried oregano
dash of cumin
1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1/2 tsp cider vinegar

directions:

Heat oil in sauce pan over medium heat.  Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute until soft.

Add black beans, cumin, oregano, vegetable broth and cider vinegar.  Simmer for about 10-15 minutes.

Salt and pepper if desired.  Then serve.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

If you try making these beans, let me know what you think.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment