Monday, October 29, 2018

My Weird Dog

I know I haven't blogged about him lately.  I think Pippen just gets weirder and weirder as time goes on.  Even RT said he should have mellowed by now.

Pippen can be quite vocal.  I mentioned his growls or barks when the boys come home.  Sometimes, when he's laying on the floor sleeping (because that's ALL HE DOES), he will make a low growl sound.  He still cries if someone doesn't take him with for a walk or jog.  It's pretty annoying.  If he sees that you are getting ready for a walk/jog, he will follow you and cry.

One night he came into our room in the middle of the night.  I removed the rugs on the side of the bed so he would get out of his bad habit of sleeping in our room (he can be quite loud).  I do have a couple of his blankets under my side of the bed for those stormy nights.  Well, he got those blankets out (with his paws) and slept on them.  RT was not too happy.  Pippen made quite a bit of noise trying to get those blankets out.  I thought he would give up, but, he was determined to sleep in our room.

Last night, Pippen was barking when Nick came home (it was about 11pm).  Nick went up to bed and all we could hear was Pippen crying.  This went on for about 10-15 minutes.  I finally caved and opened our door and called him up to our room.  I pulled out the blankets for him and he was quite happy.

RT said that Pippen needs to grow out of this stage.  Honestly, I don't think that will ever happen.  His clinginess seems to be getting worse as he gets older.  The scary part is that he clings to me.  Nothing like having a large dog follow you around all day.  Crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment