Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Sweating in the 90's

I mentioned a couple posts ago about the hot weather we are having here.  I should say, unusually hot weather for this time of year.  In my post, I talked about how when it's in the 90's F, you should avoid a lot of outdoor activities.  Like yard work, for example.

Yard work is a strenuous activity that should not be performed in extreme heat.  There are always warnings from local governments stating that there are extreme weather conditions and best to stay indoors in a cool place.  I think most people would agree that hanging out in a cool place on a hot day is ideal.

Then, there's my husband.

RT must look at the weather for the week and pick the hottest day and decide that's when we are going to do a large outdoor project (usually yard work).  Also, we have to start the project during the hottest part of the day.  I don't mind doing yard work.  I mean, I can spend hours outside pulling weeds, etc., but, I prefer to avoid it during the 90F days.  Well, I have been known to do some in the early morning, when it's still cool.

On these large project days, I help out.  I don't know why.  I take breaks by going inside every once in awhile.

Last weekend, RT started discussing an outdoor yard work project.  I finally spoke up.  I questioned his need to do large outdoor projects during the hottest days.  I think it shocked him that I brought it up.  His excuse is that it's his only time to do projects (on the weekend).  I said, maybe we can do the project in the morning, when it's cooler?

I think it fell on deaf ears.  He proceeded to put in a little brick area for our grill.  I, of course, helped.   It was my idea, so, why not, right?  We got most of the work done but ran out of bricks.  Something that RT forgot to tell me was that during the process of his labor, he severed the Internet cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment