Wednesday, May 16, 2018

DMV

It all started with me having to renew my Driver's License.  I made the journey to the DMV, took the eye exam, got my picture taken and was told my license would be mailed to me in a couple of weeks.

Yea.  That's what they do now, in Illinois.

I patiently waited a couple of weeks for my Driver's License to arrive in the mail.  When it was going in to the third week, I started to worry a little.  Then, my brother called me and told me that he got a letter in the mail for me from the Secretary of State.

I should back pedal a little here.

My brother moved last fall and had all of the mail forwarded to my house.  When he was in his new place he had the mail forwarded again to his new address.  Let me clarify, he had all mail with his last name (my maiden name) forwarded to his place.  Little did he know that I still get mail addressed to me with my maiden name.  And, one of those things is my Driver's License.

We made the trip to the Post Office to straighten things out.  They said to give it a couple of weeks before having the license sent.

So, I waited.

In the meantime, Alex tells me that he lost his Driver's License.  He was driving to work with out a license.  So, off to the DMV we went.

Luckily, his visit wasn't that long.  A picture and proof of residency and we were out of there.  He even received his license in less than a week!

I mailed a letter to myself with my full name (well, how it appears on my license) and it actually made it to my house.

So, off to the DMV (for the third time) to get them to try sending my license once again.

I can think of a million other things I would rather do than go to the DMV.  I won't list them, though.  You're welcome.

The final result is:  I did get my Driver's License (three times a charm, right?).

I'm hoping not to have to visit the DMV for a LONG time.

No comments:

Post a Comment