Friday, May 18, 2018

My Weird Dog

I usually take Pippen along on my morning walks.  He adds a whole new element to my walk.  Giving me a little upper body workout  - Also known as - trying to restrain him from attacking another dog or squirrel.

Some days I walk solo.  My reason can be as simple as I just want to take a quick walk and not have any side dog drama.  Or, it can be as complex as he drives me crazy on a walk one day, trying to chase a squirrel and tires out to the point where I'm practically dragging him to finish a decent walk.

On the days that Pippen stays home, I get a real good workout and I am able to walk far and at a fast pace.  The down side is he follows me around until I let him give me "the sniff down."  I'm sure you can figure out what that entails.  It's usually done to make sure I didn't pet any other dogs on my walk.  Petting a dog is hard for me to resist, so, a lot of the time, I'm guilty.  I will usually confess and let him smell my hands right away.

The dogs I pet are ones that I know (and ones that he would probably try to attack if he was walking with me).  I figure if he smells them on me, maybe he will be nice to those dogs when we see them.  Or, maybe he will try to attack them because they let me pet them......

No comments:

Post a Comment