Monday, May 28, 2018

Hot and Sweaty

It's been in the 90's here the last few days.  I find it difficult to go from 50F to 90F, but, that's what you get when you live in Chicago.

Days like this, you try to avoid being outside.  The yard work  can wait another day (or six).  So can the laundry, cleaning, etc.  It's a lay around the home and do nothing kind of day.

We had a party to attend yesterday (during the 90 degree heat).  Of course it was an outdoor party.  I made the mistake of doing yard work prior to the party (yes, I showered before attending).  Normally, I'm OK with outdoor parties in the summer, but, on a 90F day.....not so much.  It was so hot out I thought I was going to melt.  I stuck it out for a couple of hours and then decided I would be a lot happier (and comfortable) inside my own home after a nice cold shower.

It's supposed to be in the 90's again today.  I'm planning on hiding in the cool basement all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment