Friday, February 2, 2018

Groundhog Day

Have you ever watched the movie, Groundhog Day?  Where Bill Murray's character relives the day over and over and over until he gets it right?

I can relate to the movie during the holiday season at work.  I end up working everyday for about 5 weeks.  Each day starts out the same:  Brush teeth, exercise, breakfast, shower, drive to work.  At work it's ringing up customers, wrapping gifts, bagging items (gifts), helping customers find stuff.  Drive home.  Change clothes.  Make dinner.  Do a load of laundry.  Get ready for the next day.

After a couple of weeks, I'm on auto pilot.  I really don't have to think because it's the same thing day in and day out.  The only thing that will change slightly is the obnoxious (or crabby) customer.  It's almost like I'm in a fog.

Have you ever had a Groundhog Day like experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment