Monday, February 19, 2018

Snow Shoveling

Or should that be titled, "Snow Removal?"

We have had quite a bit of snow here the last few days.  I've mentioned in the past how some people buy snow throwers and some people marry them.  RT is one of the lucky ones who married one.

Growing up, we had a HUGE driveway.  My brothers and I would shovel it.  They were a lot older and were able to shovel more snow and do it fast.  As time went on, I perfected my snow shoveling skills. Let's just say that I'm pretty quick with a snow shovel.

My favorite time to shovel snow is when the snow is gently falling and no one else is outside.  It's so quiet and peaceful.  Of course, once the people with snow blowers come on the scene, the peace and quiet is over and the smell of gasoline fills the air.

My biggest complaint about snow removal is when the snow is put out into the street.  If you are going to all that trouble to shovel (or use a snow blower to remove) the snow, why are you putting it into the street?  Shovel it to one side of your driveway!  It's all part of the snow shoveling etiquette.  The cars that drive down your street don't appreciate having to drive through a foot of snow when they pass in front of your house.  And the snow plows are going to push the snow right back into your driveway, making you do twice the work.

We had to pull out the snowblower we inherited for the last snowfall.  I was able to get 3/4 of the driveway done, but, that last 1/4 (which is at the end of the driveway) I thought would kill me.  RT said he wanted the exercise.  I don't think he even shoveled.  I don't think the shovel was even a thought when he looked at the driveway.  He went right for the snow blower.

Who knows how much more snow we will get this year.  If we get more, I have my shovel and I'm ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment