Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Vegan Diaries - Thai Coconut Curry Soup

I saw a picture of Thai Curry soup on Instagram.  I had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to try making it someday.  Of course, when I went to look for the post, I couldn't find the picture or recipe anywhere.  So, I searched online and I found this Thai Curry Coconut Soup recipe here.   I thought I would give it a try.  I think it came out pretty good.

Here's the recipe:


Thai Coconut Curry Soup

ingredients:

2 cups Coconut milk (I used lite Coconut milk)
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 red chili powder
2" Ginger, sliced into 4 pieces
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup water
2 cups sliced mushrooms
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup sliced red pepper
2-3 TBSP soy sauce
2 cups broccoli
1 cup sugar snap peas, halved
2 stalks green onions, finely chopped
1-2 TBSP lemon juice
1 lemon zest
1 pkg firm tofu, drained and cubed


directions:

In big pot, heat 1/2 cup coconut milk until boiling (about 3-5 minutes).  Add curry powder, red chili powder, ginger and garlic and cook for one minute.

Stir in vegetable broth, water, mushrooms, carrots, red bell pepper, soy sauce and remaining coconut milk.

Heat to boiling, then reduce and simmer for a minute.

Stir in broccoli, sugar snap peas, green onions, lemon juice and lemon zest.  Discard the ginger.  Cook for 3 minutes.

Stir in tofu and cook over medium high heat for another 3 minutes.


*I used ginger powder and all was well.
*I cooked the broccoli a little longer so it wasn't crunchy.
*You could throw some spinach in at the end, too.

If you decide to make the soup, let me know how it turns out!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment