Monday, February 26, 2018

Pay it .... to the drug dealer?

So, after my Pay it Forward post, I had to post this part of the conversation.

I was telling you how Alex was doing Random Acts of Kindness.  After he told us about the woman who needed money for a ride home, and I explained that sometimes people aren't honest about what they need the money for, RT decides to jump in with a story of his own.

RT tells about a time where he was downtown one night.  It was really late, he was with some friends and they were hungry so they stopped at a place to get some hot dogs.  It wasn't in the best area, but, it was the only place open.  While in line, a guy went up to RT and asked him for some money to buy food.  He said he was really hungry and needed some money.  RT (being the nice guy that he is) gave him some money and the guy disappeared.  Five minutes later, the guy is back and he is really happy and lively.  RT said, "You feel better now that you ate?"  The guy said, "No.  I took that money and I bought some crack.  I can't believe you fell for that line."

I guess the moral of the story is, if someone asks you for money for food?  Buy them the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment