Friday, April 28, 2017

Eating Healthy

I don't have to go into all the details about how we have been (trying) to eat healthy (or do I?).  We make meals from scratch, read labels, limit processed foods, low sugar and sodium, etc.

I have been trying to drill all of this into my kids' heads.   I'm never sure what yes in and what doesn't quite make it inside their heads.

With Nick, it all hit him when he took a cooking class in High School.  The teacher told him the same things we had been saying for years and they finally sunk in.  Nick is very conscious of what he eats. Wants everything that goes into his body to be nutritious. He's actually good at reading labels and knowing how much protein or carbs are in various foods.

Alex took a cooking class last semester (yes, I think that everyone should know how to cook.  I taught them the basics and the class gave them a little more information) and now he's worried about what he is eating.

Well, I'm not totally sure that he's worried about what he is eating.  He told me that he wants to eat healthier and I replied he should eat his meals at home.  Make your own food.  I told him to read labels and not eat out.  (His idea of eating out is fast food).

It's a tough journey.  At least he recognizes good/healthy food.

Now to get him off the fast food track.........

No comments:

Post a Comment