Friday, April 14, 2017

End of an Era

I knew this day would come.  I was hoping I would have more time.

You see, many years ago, I think 30 years to be exact, my digital alarm clock radio died.  I told my Dad about it and he told me about the digital clock that he had just purchased at Walgreen's for $7.00.    The next day I went to Walgreen's and purchased the same clock.

When I got married, I told RT I had a clock we could use.  We moved from our first house to the house we are in now and the clock came with us and remained in our bedroom.

Over the years, I bought each of the kids digital clocks for their rooms.  They were taught to stay in bed until it was 7:00AM (they were all good about it, too).  In the mean time, my clock kept chugging along.

It didn't seem necessary to replace our clock.  It worked.  Didn't gain or lose time and was reliable.

I walked into our bedroom on Sunday afternoon and heard this LOUD humming sound.  I walked around the room trying to figure out what was making that noise.  When I got closer to the clock, I realized I wouldn't be able to sleep in our room with that loud noise (It's either me or the clock!).  The funny thing is, RT could hear it too!  That's when you know it's loud!

I unplugged old faithful the clock.

Rest in peace, my friend.

This is where I miss my Dad.  I mean, where can you buy a decent clock for $7.00 and have it last for 30 years?

I had to break down and buy another clock.

Let's see how long this one lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment