Friday, October 2, 2015

Sleeping on the Couch (part 2)

I have another bad cough. Not sure if its allergies. Maybe it's bronchitis. Or maybe this is just how it is for the rest of my life. I'm the one with the horrible cough. You can pick me out in a crowd. Especially if you're blindfolded.  Just listen for that one person coughing up a lung.

I was sleeping on the couch the other night. I think the couch is just an extension of our bedroom. One of us is sleeping on it. Anyway. It was late. (Maybe 11pm?) (when you are up all night coughing and you don't get any sleep, 9pm is late) I'm laying on the couch trying not to cough and I hear Nick come home. I know he left to take his girlfriend home and was surprised he got home so quickly. He walks into the house talking. I thought, great. He didn't take his girlfriend home. Or maybe he brought a friend home. He's talking and talking. Making his way to the kitchen. And here I am laying on the couch in the family room in my pajamas.  Embarrassing.  He walked into the family room and stopped talking.  I couldn't say anything for fear of a coughing attack. So I just stayed there quietly.  He walked back into the kitchen talking. I wasn't listening to anything he was saying but at some point I figured he was just talking to himself. He eventually went to bed and I fell asleep. 

I relayed the story to the rest of the family the next day. RT thought it was hilarious. Bella said he talks to himself all the time in his room. Alex wanted to know what he was saying and why he was talking to himself (he thinks Nick might have been talking on his phone).  I was just glad he didn't turn the light on in the family room and sit down on the other couch with a friend (or girlfriend).

*Want to read more about Sleeping on the Couch?  Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment