Friday, September 11, 2015

Like us on Facebook

Another trend is to like a company on social media (i.e. Face book, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).

Face book is pretty popular with most companies.  A company sets up a page, tells a little about their company and will give you updates of what's going on (i.e. new products, recalls, sales, etc.).  If you purchase from their store they will ask you to "like us on Face Book."  Sometimes it's printed on their receipt.

I thought this trend was for larger companies, but realized a lot of start ups and even bloggers (no, I don't have a Face Book page) have created pages on Face book.

While on vacation I came across a gas station in the middle of nowhere that had a sign to, "Like us on Face Book."  I'm not sure how many likes they have on their page.  I'm also not sure what updates they could give their customers.

"Gas is $2.50 a gallon."

"Come on in and get gas."

I guess I found it odd that this gas station had a Face Book page.

Have you liked any (weird/strange) companies on social media?

No comments:

Post a Comment