Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Avocado Jalapeño Hummus

I tried a small sample of this hummus at Costco and was determined to make it on my own.  I used a fresh jalapeño from my garden.  I left the seeds in so it gave it a little kick.  The avocado makes it real creamy.

I made the hummus using my Vitamix.  I just threw everything in and turned it on for a few minutes.

I know this hummus was a hit.  The kids liked it.  In fact I don't think it lasted very long.   Good thing we have jalapeños growing in the garden.



Here's the recipe:

Avocado Jalapeño Hummus

3  Tbsp of olive oil
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 jalapeño, stem chopped off
1 avocado
1 can 15oz garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed
1 garlic clove, peeled
cilantro

I put the ingredients into the Vitamix (in order) and turned on the machine.  Blended for about 45 seconds (or until smooth).  If you don't have a Vitamix, you can use a food processor.

*I don't add salt when I cook. Feel free to add salt if needed. 

I have a few more hummus recipes that I want to try.  If they work out, I'll share them with you.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment