Friday, April 24, 2015

"Sick"

I find it interesting when my kids are "sick."  I use that term loosely because sometimes I don't believe they really are sick.  OK, OK, I'll come clean.  It's not "sometimes," it's ALL of the time.

You see, when I was younger, I used to pretend that I was "sick" so I didn't have to go to school.  (It's a good thing my mom doesn't read this blog, although I'm sure she knew I was faking an illness)  Now that I'm a Mom, because of all of my fake "illnesses", I don't believe my kids when they tell me they are sick.  I make them go to school.  They have to be really, really sick in order to stay home.  In other words, on their death bed.

One day, I had both boys home.  Nick didn't have to work (he was done with school) and said he was sick (which I actually believed him...he had a slight cold), and Alex was home from school because he claimed he was not feeling well.  I had to work.  I left the house and Nick was playing XBox and Alex was getting something to drink.  They both looked perfectly fine.  Somehow, I felt like I was being played.

No comments:

Post a Comment