Friday, April 17, 2015

Easy Spaghetti Sauce

I was looking for a quick, easy spaghetti sauce to make for dinner.  It didn't help that it was already 5:00pm and I didn't have a jar of spaghetti sauce in the house.  Or that I forgot to pick up a jar of sauce at the grocery store before I got home from work.

I let my fingers do the walking and searched the Internet for an easy homemade spaghetti sauce.  (Isn't the Internet wonderful??)  I liked the first recipe I found.  Easy and I had all of the ingredients.  Check out the full recipe here.

You're going to love this one!


Easy Spaghetti Sauce

1 15oz can diced tomatoes
1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 6oz can tomato paste
2 Tablespoons sugar (adjust to your taste)
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

Directions:

Throw it all in a sauce pan, stir, simmer, cover and continue to simmer for 20-30 minutes.  Season again to taste.


A couple of side notes.

I used 1 teaspoon of sugar (and it was fine).  If you like your sauce sweet, then add more sugar.

I added 5 cloves of garlic.  What can I say?  I like garlic.

I chopped green pepper and onion and sautéed them before adding the rest of the ingredients.

This is a basic recipe that you can adjust to your own likes.  If you want ground beef or Italian sausage, then add it to your sauce!  You can even throw in some meatballs!  I don't think you can go wrong with this spaghetti sauce recipe.

If you try it, let me know what you think.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment