Thursday, April 2, 2015

DIY Fleece Blanket/Throw



I have seen these fleece blankets/throws everywhere. I was told that they are easy to make. I thought I would try it out.

Material needed:

Fleece printed 48 in x 60 in (121.9cmx152.4cm)
Fleece solid 48 in x 60 in (121.9 cm x 152.4 cm)

Finished size: 43 in x 55 in (109.2cmx139.7cm) 

Other supplies needed:

Scissors or rotary cutter
Cutting mat
Straight pins (optional)

*a rotary cutter makes it real easy

Place fleece layers together, making sure that the wrong sides are together. I pinned them together to make it easier to cut.  

Cut a 5" (5 inch) square out of each corner. 

Now for the fringe. Line up your material with the cutting mat underneath.  material should still be pinned together. Make sure it is in straight line. Cut 5" into fleece at 1.5" intervals all around the pinned material.*  Once complete, knot the fringe pieces together (just like the first step to tying your shoe, only do it twice). Continue until you have made it around the entire blanket. 

*you can choose to cut 1", 1 12", or 2". I liked 1.5 inches.  It seems just the right amount.  1" was just too small and too close for me for a blanket.

And you're done! 


Pretty simple, right?

As part of my kindness acts, this blanket will be given to a shelter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment