Friday, December 5, 2014

Time to make the lunches

Do you remember the commercial from the 80's about Making the Donuts?  It was a commercial for Dunkin Donuts, where the guy got up early and all he thought about (and said) was, "Gotta make the Donuts."  He woke up early, didn't seem too enthused about it, but, he did it.

That's exactly how I feel about making lunches.

My mom used to complain about making lunches for us when we were growing up.  We got to an age and she made us make our own.  I didn't see what the big deal was about making lunches.  It's not THAT difficult.  Put things in there that you would want to eat for lunch the next day.  Easy, right?

Then, I had kids of my own and had to make lunches.

It all started out fun.  Making a lunch here and there.  Putting in things that you know your child will eat (and that will survive in a paper bag/lunch box until lunch time).

Then came the requests.  Those were a great help because after awhile, you run out of fun ideas.  Unfortunately, the ideas stop and I was left on my own again.  Lunch making is now the time I dread.  I feel like I'm making the same lunch for all of the kids.

Just like in the Dunkin Donuts commercial, I have to keep going. Come rain, sun, sleet, snow I still have to make the Donuts....I mean the lunches.*

*those are links to two different commercials. Check them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment