Wednesday, December 3, 2014

B A Bay

For those of you that watched the Three Stooges you probably recognize that title. If not, then watch this here.

When I was growing up, I remember watching this episode and singing along. I don't remember singing it THAT much.  Maybe my brothers were singing it, too?  I don't know. 

I remember my Dad came home from work one day and asked us to sing the song. Apparently he heard us sing it so much that he was singing it all day long at work. Unfortunately he only knew one line ("B-A-Bay) and sang it over and over.  I think he figured if the song is stuck in his head, he might as well learn the whole song. I thought it was funny that he was singing it. I didn't think he heard it that many times. I don't think he was too amused about singing it. Especially when he only knew one line of the song. (Luckily he had a sense of humor)

You're probably wondering why I brought this up. Obviously there's a story behind all of this singing. 

 Well, I was having a similar experience last night. Bella is learning to play the recorder this year. She happened to find one inside the piano bench and started playing. She only knows two notes: A and B.  She also knows a song using those two notes. It goes like this:

B  A   Blues
Got me in the groove
Every body singing
B  A   Blues

Hearing Bella play and sing this song over and over (and over and over) reminded me of my Dad singing the Three Stooges song. I knew I would get this song stuck in my head.  I was already singing along with her (and without her).   I would probably be singing it for a couple of days. 

Although, after watching that clip..."B A Bay, B E BE, B I Bicki Bi, B O Bo...."

1 comment:

  1. Bicky Bi Bo B U Bu Bicky Bi Bo Bu
    Thanks, Fontaine, now it's stuck in my head!

    ReplyDelete