Thursday, December 4, 2014

Yummy Cupcakes

I finally found a delicious cupcake recipe from scratch.  Yes, using a box mix is a lot easier to make, but, I was looking for something healthy.  In other words, I wanted to know ALL of the ingredients in my cupcake.

I found this recipe in the newspaper a few years ago and love it.

The Perfect Cupcake

1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 T warm water
1 t vanilla extract

Oven to 400 degrees.  Line your muffin tin.
Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Alternate adding eggs and flour (starting with and ending with the egg), beating until each is thoroughly mixed.
Divide batter into muffin tins.  Bake until fully cooked and golden, 15-17 minutes.  Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.  Put on wire rack to cool.


A few side notes:

I don't add the full cup of sugar (surprise, surprise).  If you are going to frost them, there's your added sugar.  :)

I have also made these cupcakes and substituted coconut oil.  They turned out delicious! (and healthy, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment