Thursday, August 23, 2012

Meet Arthur

We have discovered a few carpenter ants entering the house.  Not a good sign.  The last time this happened we had to tear down and rebuild a deck.  We are thinking this batch is living in our fence.  Hard to get rid of the fence because of Newton.  We are on the hunt for the nest.
One ant was visiting this morning.  He was walking in circles.  Bella and I watched him for about 10 minutes.  Alex came down and we pointed him out.  Alex said the ant was probably nervous becaused he new he was going to die.  I told him to keep an eye on him.  So, for another 20 minutes the ant traveled in circles (in the same spot).  Alex asked if we can keep him as a pet.  I said, sure, we can keep Arthur.  I'll sign him up for school and you can walk him to his bus stop.
I went for a walk after getting Bella on the bus.  I walk in and RT is in the kitchen.  He says, "Guess what?"  I said, "You didn't kill Arthur, did you?"  He gave me a strange look and said, "You named it?" 
Arthur was still going around in circles.  He moved his circles over a little bit.  The rest of the day I would check on him.  I ran some errands, came home and couldn't find him.  Luckily RT found him.  He moved a little closer to the stairs.  I had a little talk with him and decided he was a little "special."
Forgot about him again and he was in the living room for awhile.
I am sad to announce that Arthur will not be circling anymore.  He will be making big circles in the sky.  (well, in the dirt in the backyard) No, I didn't bury him.  Just tossed him outside.
Here he is in his happier moments:

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think he might have been sick or something. It was strange that he was walking around in circles all day.

      Delete