Sunday, August 12, 2012

Give him the wave

Driving back home from a zoo visit during rush hour traffic (always a fun time to be on the road) I started thinking.  (a scary thought, I know) 
I was being a patient driver and letting people move into the lane I was in.  When I moved into a lane, I gave the other driver a wave.  Bella was in the back and asked who I waved to and why.  I replied that it is just a common courtesy to wave to someone who let you move into their lane ahead of them, a way to say thank you. 
After saying this, I noticed that other drivers don't "give you the wave." 
Is this something that is taught? 
Maybe it's just me, I'm the only one who waves to other people. 
Maybe I was just around a bunch of rude people who never say thank you?
Or, maybe it was just rush hour traffic and everyone was crabby and just wanted to get home.

2 comments:

  1. Or maybe everyone was thinking... "who's this crazy woman who waves at everyone?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you're not getting the finger.

    Brian Regan talks about getting a pinky wave in "Standing Up". If you haven't watched it, you should. It's really funny.

    ReplyDelete