Monday, August 6, 2012

Killing me softly

I'm a pretty good cook (if I do say so myself).  I enjoy cooking and baking, as long as the weather cooperates.  I'm not a big fan of having the oven on when it is 100 degrees outside.
I decided to make a pizza for dinner.  I do this once a week.  The children like pepperoni (very exciting), while I like to try throwing on whatever we have on hand.  My favorite topping was black beans (hey, I was cleaning out the refrigerator).  It probably sounds strange but it was quite delicious.
This time, I used my baking sheets.  The ones that have a teflon coating.  I'm not particularly fond of teflon coatings, but, these cookie sheets were given to me. 
I'm sure you know where this is going.
I rolled out the dough (home made dough, not store bought), and put it in the pan.  I bake the crust first then add sauce and toppings and bake a little longer.  This time I had a problem getting the pizza out of the pan.  So much for that non-stick coating!  RT was scraping away trying to get the pizza out of the pan. 
Once the pizza was out of the pan, RT, Bella and I sat down to eat dinner.  We are eating and talking about our day.  When we are almost done eating, Bella says, do I have to eat the rest of this piece, the crust is burnt.  RT and I look at it and realize it's the teflon coating from the pan.  The bottom of the pizza wasn't completely covered, but, there were flecks here and there.
Needless to say, both of us lost our appetite and were completely nauseous.
The pans have been disposed of and I am now on the look out for some new ones.  Bella told me to wait until Christmas. 
I think I would rather pick the baking sheets out myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment