Monday, January 18, 2021

Vegan Diaries - Vegan Brownies

I thought I would try my hand at making some brownies and use up some mint chocolate chips that I had in the freezer.  

OK.  The truth is, the troops here have been begging for some sweets and I wanted to get them off my back  make them happy and use up the mint chips I had on hand.  I did not mention that these were vegan (shh!  Don't tell my family!).  They didn't ask and were quite happy with a nice sweet treat.  

Here's the recipe:

Vegan Brownies

ingredients:
4 TBSP ground flax seed
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup butter, melted (vegan)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips (or mint chips)

directions:
In small bowl, mix flax with cold water.  Let sit for 10 minutes so it can thicken.
Oven 350. 
Line 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
Melt butter. 
In large bowl whisk melted butter and sugars.  Add flax eggs and vanilla until combined.
Add flour and cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.  Stir until just combined. 
Bake for 35 minutes. * 
Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 15 minutes.  Let cook for another 30 minutes before serving.
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

* brownies will firm up once you let them cool
*if you want more sweetness, adjust to 1 cup sugar and 1 cup brown sugar
You can use chocolate chips instead.  I had the mint chips on hand and thought I would try them.
If you like fudgy brownies, these are for definitely for you.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment