Friday, January 29, 2021

Karen Stories

 It's been awhile since I have posted Karen stories here.  I thought I would piece together some of the stories that I have collected over the last 6 months.  I write these down in my phone notes.  They are weird experiences that I feel I have to look over at a later time and really think about what actually happened in this situation.   Enjoy.

I had a customer who wanted to return worn clothes.   He claimed that they don't fit anymore.  I almost suggested that he should look into losing weight, but, I wanted to keep my job.

This one guy came in and purchased a few items.  We got to talking and it turns out that he is visiting the area on business.  He has a brother who lives here and comes into this store when he is in town.  We got to talking and it turns out he is from Green Bay.  He came back into the store the next day to return some items and we talked a little more.  When I mentioned this to a co-worker she said, is that the guy with the tattoo?  I said I didn't check to see if he had a tattoo.  She said that she waited on him yesterday.  Apparently he took off his shirt and tried another shirt right there at the register.  

Masks are mandatory inside stores in our state.  We provide free masks if the customer does not have one.  We can not force a customer to wear a mask.  The customer I was waiting on was not wearing a mask.  We have shields at our register and I was wearing a mask.  The customer at the next register yelled, "Nice mask!"  My customer said, "Thanks."  The other customer then said, "I hope you get it!" ("it" refers to Covid)  There were some other choice words that were said, but, I think you get how this went down.

There is a point during a transaction where I tell the customer to press the red button.  I can't tell you how many people have pressed the green button.  I don't know what to say about this one.  Poor listening skills?  Unable to see the color green?  I don't know.

I work in a clothing store.  I had a customer ask me if we do cash back.  I believe I grocery stores are the only ones that give cash back.

A customer called the store and wanted to know when she will receive the credit for her return.  According to the customer, all of the other stores give the credit right away.  I explained that I have worked at other retail stores and have shopped as a customer at stores and credits always take longer than a charge on your card, sometimes 7-10 days.  I told her that she can contact her bank and ask when they will post the credit.  She then informed me that she will not be shopping at our store anymore because she does not get her money back fast enough.

I had a customer come up to the register wearing disposable gloves.  She tosses a paper onto the counter and looks at me.  I guess I was supposed to know what she wanted by her actions.  I was a jerk asked her what was on the paper.  It turns out it was an "in store" pick up.  I'm not sure why she was wearing the gloves to hold the piece of paper that she printed at home.  If she didn't want to hold it, I certainly wasn't going to touch that paper!

I had a woman argue with me that it wasn't 30 days on a return and that the store should change that.  It seems that she forgot that some months have 31 days and others have 30 days.

And, finally,

A customer walks in and I say hello.  The customer immediately raises his hands and says, "I've been squirted so many times today."  I said, well, if you want, I can get the cleaning fluid out and spray you again.  The next customer said, "That was weird.  I bet you could write a book!"  I said, "I sure could!"

No comments:

Post a Comment