Monday, November 2, 2020

Voting

Election Day is almost here.   Unless you have been living under a rock, I'm sure you were aware of this information.

Advertisements and articles about voting have been placed everywhere on social media, television and in news articles.

I noticed that there is a, "plan your vote."  I did not realize that I needed to make a plan.   I can see doing a little research of the candidates that are running for office and a review of any bills or amendments that are being proposed.  Otherwise, I thought going to the poll and voting was my plan.  

I also noticed that they are showing a, "How to vote."

Hmm..  get in the car.  Drive to my polling place.  Hop into line.  Get my ballot.  Use the marker to fill out the circle (or oval) completely.  Vote for the candidates I feel can do the job.  Hand the ballot in so they can run it through the machine (and make sure that it gets counted).  Get a sticker that says, "I voted."  Put the sticker on and take a selfie and post it to Instagram or social media.  

Celebrities are now getting much more political.  They are using their stardom / fame to promote a candidate of their choice.  I guess I don't understand how someone whose career is acting or singing feels that they have more knowledge of the candidates and their agenda than the average person.  Some of these celebrities have even said that it is their first time voting!  So, this one time voting makes you an expert?  And, who are these people that listen and do what a celebrity tells them to do?

If you are not voting in this election, please don't complain about the winners of this election.

If you are voting in this election, I would urge you to do your homework prior to your vote.  

Also, make sure that you take your selfie with your, "I voted" sticker and post it to social media.  

No comments:

Post a Comment