Monday, November 9, 2020

Election Signs

 When you run for any office, it is imperative that you purchase and display hundreds  thousands, millions  annoying  election signs.  This gets your name out there and helps people decide to vote for you.  I mean, think about it, how many times have you been at a traffic light and you look over and see an election sign and you say to yourself, "I think I am going to vote for that person."

There are always millions of election signs at the polling place.  I guess that display is for those people that arrive at the polls, see the sign and then decide to vote for that candidate.

The signs all have the same design.  Maybe a line of color and the candidates name in black.  I'm not sure how they decide on the color.  Maybe there is a campaign designer that sits down with the candidate and they select one together.  Personally, I think they should add something more than the color rectangle on the sign to get the voters attention.  An arrow?  A star? A flag? Maybe a bulls eye?  How about the Jolly Roger?

Campaign signs litter the side of the roads for a few months out of the year.  And, if you are lucky, the candidate or their team will forget to pick one (or several) up and you will get to see their sign all year long!

I'm not sure who is with me on this one, but, I can't stand seeing the signs littering the roads.  I look forward to the post election time when all of the signs are picked up.  I think we should be able to vote after the signs are picked up.  If you are willing to clean up after yourself  all of your campaign mess, then I'm willing to vote for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment