Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Chalk Wars

 I spend my morning enjoying a nice long walk.  It's a great way to enjoy nature and work out everything in my head (which is a lot).  Some side benefits:  It can be relaxing and peaceful and sometimes quite entertaining.

I was walking on my usual route when I noticed some writing on the path.  I do enjoy chalk art and always show respect and step around it.  This was a little different.  Someone was disappointed with the elections turnout and took up their chalk to tell everyone in the neighborhood.  All of their messages referred to the status of the election.  This person was pro Trump.  I was entertained in reading their messages.  They were spread out on the paths so I was able to read a little here and there as I got my morning exercise.  

I went home and told RT about the chalk messages.  I guess the election results have been on everyone's mind.  I didn't expect it to be something I would read about while taking a walk around the neighborhood.

The next day, I took the same route and noticed that someone else took up their chalk and replied to the previous days messages.  This person was on the opposite side (pro Biden).  It was almost like going back and checking a social media post to see all of the replies.  I found it interesting that they were arguing through chalk writings.  I didn't realize that chalk could be a bullying tool.  And, it was obviously adults that were participating.

The next day was uneventful because it rained and erased the posts  messages.

I still am on the lookout for more chalk posts.  Unfortunately, the weather has cooled off quite a bit.  Possibly too cold for our chalk bullies  people.

No comments:

Post a Comment