Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Band Aid

A band aid is an adhesive covering with gauze in center to cover wounds.

Our family has an interesting history with band aids.  When Nick was little, he refused to wear band aids.  I remember purchasing Blues Clues band aids (Blues Clues was his favorite television show) thinking that would help.  He was excited about the band aids, but still refused to wear one.  I'm not sure if he was afraid of them, but, when I pulled them out, he would scream louder.

I don't recall Alex using many band aids.  I do recall the many bruises that he inflicted on others (mainly me).

Bella used band aids as a fashion accessory.  We purchased and used many colorful band aids during her childhood.  I believe there were very few that were necessary.

I always forgot to pack band aids when we went on vacation.  There were several vacations where we needed some and ended up buying a large box, even though I begged to purchase the small trial or sample size box.  RT would tell me that we will eventually use them.

Recently, I had a mole removed and had to keep it covered for over a week.  I went to get a band aid and was overwhelmed with boxes and boxes of band aids. Many were purchased and quite a few were inherited.  When I say many boxes, we had 8 or 9 boxes on hand.  I don't think one person can use that many band aids in their lifetime.

I was able to condense the band aids to 4 boxes.  I have put together a small selection for travel.  I am still looking at several lifetimes of band aids.

If you need a band aid, let me know.  I'm sure I can provide one (or three).

No comments:

Post a Comment