Wednesday, November 25, 2020

The Ice Cubes

I have several posts about ice cubes and ice cube trays.  You can read about how to make ice, how the kids forgot how to make ice and RT's impatience and possible YouTube tutorial on the subject.  I guess I'm here to say that none of the ice tutorials have worked in our family.

The other day RT went to get some ice and it started all over again.  

"Am I the only one who makes ice around here?"
"It isn't that difficult to make ice!"  
"If you see that the ice is getting low, empty the trays, refill them with water and place them back in the freezer!  It's that easy!"  

I happened to be sitting in the dining room enjoying a glass of water (without ice).  I had to chime in and mention that I have not been using ice.  Luckily my Yeti keeps my water nice and cold (thanks, Nick!).  There is only one other person in this house and she uses quite a bit of ice.  

When I come home from work, RT is in the kitchen filling up the ice cube trays.  I have to admit, I think he does it more than anyone else in this house.  Since I don't use that much ice I don't fill the trays as often.  And, if you ask Bella  the other person living in our house, she will tell you that she always fills the ice cube trays.

"I'm going to get a video camera to see who is using all of the ice."  
"You are going to have to sign out every cube of ice that you take from the freezer."

I use one cube a day to water a plant in our kitchen.  That was in the care instructions for the plant.  I was told that I will now have to sign for each ice cube that I take out for my plant. 

I'm all for being accountable for our ice usage, pitching in and filling trays.  I think all residents of this household every family member should jump in and help out with the strenuous activity of ice cube making.   Unfortunately the burden work to keep the ice box full has fallen upon one person.

I think I might have to push RT to make that YouTube instructional video.

No comments:

Post a Comment