Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Vegetarian Diaries - Quinoa Chocolate Cake

Found this recipe online and thought I would try making it.  No flour so it's gluten free!

Of course, I couldn't tell the family what was so different about this cake.  The cake itself did not rise very much.  Almost looked like a brownie, but, it tasted cake-like.  I would definitely make this again.

This recipe makes a tasty cake and you are using Quinoa!  Give it a try and let me know what you think!


Quinoa Chocolate Cake

ingredients:
1 cup cooked quinoa
3 TBSP almond milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup grapeseed oil
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

directions:
Cook Quinoa.
Blend milk, eggs, and vanilla.  Add Quinoa and oil and blend until smooth.
Whisk dry ingredients together.  Addthe wet ingredients and stir until combined.
Bake in 8x8 pan* for 25 minutes at 350.  Dust with powdered sugar (optional)

*line pan with parchment paper

**I might try using a flax egg next time.  I will update the recipe once I try it out.

***And, no.  I haven't told the family that there's quinoa in the cake.  Maybe next time??

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment