Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Dance Mom

I had my big opportunity to be a Dance Mom last weekend.  Bella had her first dance competition and, let me tell you, it's pretty crazy!

I first had to apologize to Bella for not wearing  an obnoxious  a glittery, sequiny (definitely a word) "Dance" or "Dance Mom" shirt.  I also forgot my sweatshirt with a HUGE picture of her on the front. You know, so they know who I belong to in case I get lost.

We also didn't have the large piece of furniture  luggage bag for her costumes and makeup.  Instead, we used an old dance costume bag.

The killer was getting up at 5AM to get ready and drive to the competition.  We had to be there 2 hours early, which is great, because then you get to sit around and wait until your dance time.  While you are waiting, you can sit in the auditorium and watch other dancers perform.   After your dance performance(s), you wait around until award time.  So, basically, you are sitting around for 7-8 hours.

If you know me, you know I have a hard time sitting for long periods of time.

Bella has one more Dance Competition in a month.  I told her that gives me enough time to get my "Dance Mom" act together.  (She's hoping that I don't)

I don't know if I will survive many more of these competitions (if she decides to do this next year).  I might have to make RT a "Dance Dad" glittery shirt so he can take my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment