Saturday, June 30, 2018

Don't Leave Your Pet in the Car!

I know how annoying it is to hear that over and over again.  I always think, who would do that to their dog?  Leave them in the car on a 90F day?  With the windows up?  You would think that people have some common sense.  I mean, would you want to be locked in a car, parked in the sun, with the windows rolled up, unable to get out on a 90F day?

Then you read stories about people who find a car with dogs inside and they wait for the owner or they end up calling the police to get the dog out of the car.

Who are these people and why are they allowed to have a dog?

The other day, I was getting into my car.  I was doing some shopping and threw stuff in the trunk.  Climbed into the car and looked over to the car next to me.  The woman was fumbling around for her keys in her purse.  I didn't think anything about it.  Then, I looked in her car and saw two dogs and the windows were all rolled up.  It was 84F outside and who knows how long that woman was in the store!  I offered to help her find her keys and mentioned it was too hot for dogs to be in the car.  It was very difficult to be nice when I was ready to strangle her and take her dogs.  She did find her keys and I restrained myself from taking her dogs away from her before she left.

It's going to be a hot one here for the next few days, and in many other places in the US.  Keep your dogs at home and keep an eye out for idiots who lock their dogs in the car during this heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment