Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Charlie Brown Tree

We usually have an artificial tree for Christmas.

It all started when I was pregnant with Alex.  RT carried a tree into the house and the needles went everywhere.  Same thing happened when he removed it.  He cleaned up the needles both times.  The second time, when we were getting rid of the tree, he said (among other things that can't be repeated) that we were getting an artificial tree.

We had that artificial tree for a good 16-17 years.   It was looking pretty shabby the last few years and RT was bugging me to get rid of it.

Well, apparently I got rid of it last year.

We went to put up Christmas decorations and I asked why the tree wasn't brought down?  "You finally got rid of it last year."  

So, we decided to go get a real tree.  

Time went by and no tree.

We were about to run out and get one, when Alex asked if we could use his Christmas tree plant as our tree.  "You know, as a Charlie Brown tree."  I thought it was a great idea.  We could save a trees life!

The "tree" was really small when we bought it.  It was a small plant that I bought for Alex when he was little.  It was before Christmas and had little ornaments that I kept on the plant and moved them around as the plant grew.  It's a little over 2 feet tall now and is having it's big moment in the spotlight.


No comments:

Post a Comment