Monday, December 18, 2017

The Thermostat

The thermostat was invented to cause fights between married couples.  One person wants it warmer while the other likes it colder.  There's never an in between temperature that they can agree on.  Someone always suffers compromises to avoid a big fight.

In the winter, I don't mind the house to be a little cooler.  I mean, if you 're cold, throw on a sweater!  My family walks around the house in shorts and t-shirts all year long.  When it's cooler at night, it's great because you don't mind having a few blankets on your bed.

Unfortunately, I live with "someone" who likes the house to be warmer in the winter.  You know, so he "someone" can walk around in shorts (he "someone" claims it's cold at 66 or 67).  You can walk around in shorts, just throw a sweater or sweat shirt on.  Am I right?

When he "someone" adjusts the thermostat and makes the house warmer, the number of blankets on our bed is too many to count does not decrease with the adjustment.  So, one of us wakes up overheated in the middle of the night.

Normally, I fight this "someone" but, give in and let the temperature go up one degree.   I go along with the adjustment for a couple of days.  After several night sweats days, the temperature somehow magically goes back down a degree (or two).  And, no one notices everyone lives happily ever after.

Until "someone" realizes it's cold and adjusts the temperature while yelling, "Who keeps messing with the thermostat?"

I'm not sure how long I can get away with blaming it on one of the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment