Friday, February 24, 2017

How I got out of cleaning the bathroom

The title is fitting because that is basically what happened.

I went to clean the kids bathroom last week.  It gets pretty bad.  My kids think there is a maid that will come in and clean up after them, so they don't bother cleaning up their messes.  They are old enough to clean and clean up after themselves.  They are quite lazy.  I mean, if you get toothpaste on the counter, you clean it up, right?  You don't leave it there thinking it's a work of art!  If you get hair on the counter from shaving, you clean it up.  No one wants to see all of the hair that came off your face.  If you put lotion on and some accidentally gets on the counter?  You leave it there  You clean it up!

I think you get the picture.

I went to clean their bathroom and after about, oh, a minute, I decided that I wasn't going to do it.  They made the mess, they have to clean it up!

My anger must have shown, because Nick noticed it and wanted to help out.  I told him that they (Nick, Alex and Bella) have to clean their bathroom from now on.  I didn't care how it happened, but, somehow it had to get done.  I didn't want to be a part of the cleaning process.

Nick embraced this challenge (Lord, help him!)  He did say he didn't want to get in trouble with how he got his siblings to clean the bathroom (red flag #1).  He also said he would use physical force (red flag #2) if they did not help clean the bathroom...that he would not let them use the bathroom.  He would carry them (red flag #3) to another bathroom (I said then they should have to clean the bathroom they are being carried to).

I decided to let Nick handle it and watch it all play out.

So far, things are going quite well.  They each have the area they are to clean and everyone is participating.  I haven't heard any complaints (yet) and I have one less bathroom that I have to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment