Monday, February 8, 2016

The Dog

RT had this brilliant idea of having Pippen sleep in our room with us at night.  Pippen's normal bed is in a cage that is located in the basement.  I went along with the idea, hoping for the best.

The first night (yes, there was more than one night) I woke up at 2 am to hear Pippen licking his paws.  2 am?  He had all day to do it and decides 2 am is the perfect time to clean his paws.  Oh, and since it's quiet in the room, his cleaning routine was rather loud.

At 4 am, it seemed like he might have missed some spots at the 2 am cleaning, so he decided to start all over from the beginning.

5 am comes around and he decides he needs to be petted.  Luckily he went to RT's side of the bed.  (it helped that I pulled the covers over my face).

6am he started getting antsy.  I waited a little and then decided to just get up and let him out.  By the way, he slept the entire day while both RT and I worked.

The second and third nights were just a repeat of the first night.

The fourth night RT said that he wanted to get some sleep, so Pippen slept in his own bed (the cage).  We (RT and I) both slept great that night. 

RT hasn't brought up changing Pippens sleeping arrangement again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment