Thursday, February 18, 2016

Something New

Whenever I bring home something new, it gets noticed by the kids immediately.

I bought some drinking glasses last week.  I bought them because I liked them and because we had three glasses break in one week.  As each child came into the kitchen (alone), they immediately saw the glasses and said,

"We got new glasses?  Why did we get new glasses?"

Like it's against the law for us to get anything new to use.

"What's wrong with the old glasses?"

"Where did you get them?"

"How much were they?"

After explaining that we have had our glasses for eighteen years and that three glasses broke within the last week and that we are keeping the old glasses...Oh, and that I bought the "new" ones at the thrift store....  they were still a little skeptical.

"Why is Mom buying something new?"

"What's wrong with the old stuff?"

"Is the world coming to an end?"

Yes.  All of this from my children who don't seem to notice the big mess of dirty dishes that they leave for me in and around the kitchen sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment