Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Swim Goggles

I guess I forgot to write about this one.  This happened last summer when we were in Michigan.

We decided to have a beach day.

Beach + Michigan = love.

I don't know about you, but, I like hanging at the beach.  I find it so relaxing.  Digging in the sand, going into the (icy) water*, walking along the beach, playing catch or Frisbee, or just hanging out and relaxing.

*actually, I'm the big baby and won't go that deep in the water because of the freezing temperatures

RT decided he needed some new swim goggles for our trip.  He used them quite a bit at the pool and brought them on our beach day.  Bella and RT used their goggles and pretended they were snorkeling We had snorkeling gear too.  Snorkeling gear in the Midwest, yea, we're a little strange that way.  Time went by and we decided to go climb a sand dune.  We took anything of value and left the rest of our stuff on the beach with our blanket, chairs and umbrella.  We were gone for quite awhile.  By the way, hot sand and bare feet don't go well together.

We returned to our beach site, drank some water and tried to undo the burn damage on the bottom of our feet.  All of a sudden, RT says,

"Somebody stole my swim goggles!"

I was kind of shocked.  I mean, who goes around to other people's blankets on the beach and rummages through their stuff?  And, why, if anything did they take RT's swim goggles?  (RT would say "because they are real good swim goggles.")

I decided to do a little looking my self and found his goggles in a few minutes.

Since that day, we tease him when he says he can't find something.

RT:  I can't find my keys.

Me:  "Somebody stole your keys!"

I don't think he appreciates it but, he's a good sport about the teasing.

*see "RT Loses his Phone" for more on RT's ability to keep track of his stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment