Friday, May 1, 2015

Quick and Easy French Bread

I love bread.  I especially love bread that's really easy to make.  

Bread?  Easy to make?

I didn't believe it either until I found this recipe here.  It seemed too good to be true.  I had to make this bread and see if this was really that easy, and, more importantly, tasty.  She has a tutorial and some nice pictures.  Check it out!

Here is the recipe:

Easy French Bread

1 1/2 cups of warm water
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Active Dry Yeast (two packets)
3 1/2 to 4 1/2 cups of flour


Combine the water, honey, salt and yeast in a bowl. Let sit for 5-10 minutes until there’s some bubbling, foam stuff on the top. (also known as proof)
Next, add flour.  You want the dough to be sticking to itself, not your fingers.  Keep adding flour and kneading until that happens.  
Form the dough into a loaf shape. Cover with a towel and let sit on the counter for 15 minutes.   
Set the oven to 425 degrees.
After 15 minutes, cut slits in the top and bake for 16-20 minutes

I made this with a nice pot of soup.  It went quite well together and disappeared by the end of the meal.  I hope you give it a try!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment