Monday, May 4, 2015

The Loud Sneeze

There are all kinds of sneezers in this world.  Loud sneezers, soft/quiet sneezers, multiple sneezers, short sneezers, staccato sneezers and long sneezers.

I guess sneezing isn't something that you go around thinking about, unless, of course, your family members complain about your sneezing ability.

Here it goes:

Hi.  I'm Fontaine and I'm a Loud Sneezer.  

I've been this way for as long as I can remember.  I like to blame it on heredity.  I have tried to tone down my sneezes, but feel much better after a full blown, break every one's eardrums sneeze.  I have taken to warning those around me that I am about to sneeze and that they should take cover

I do need to mention that I am courteous and do cover my sneezes.  I don't just sneeze openly into the air.

I can see RT shaking his head saying, "That's not the problem.  It's the ear shattering sneezes that seem to give everyone a heart attack in a 50 mile radius."

My kids joke that if they heard a loud sneeze they would know it was from me. (Hey, it's good that they can identify me by a sneeze, right?)

Growing up, I remember my Dad and his loud sneezes.  His sneezes could be heard anywhere in the house.  I guess that must have rubbed off on me because apparently my sneezes seem to shake the entire house.

I found this article that explains the different types of sneezes.  Apparently, I am the "Shout it Out Sneezer."   A sneeze so loud that "it can be heard in the next state." Um.....yea, that's me.  :)

I don't plan on adjusting my sneezes and I will continue warning those around me to cover their ears. I'm just happy to find out that there is a name for all of this and that there might be others out there just like me.

What kind of sneezer are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment