Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Happy Mothers Day

Sorry I'm a little late posting this one.  I was busy having fun.  :)

I got to start my day off with a nice long walk.  I had the best company on my walk, too.  I felt pretty special that Bella decided to join me and didn't complain about how far we walked.

My day continued with a hug from Alex.  I kind of just went in and stole the hug.  He's the snugly one.

Nick wished me a Happy Mother's Day with a big hug and a ride in his car.  He said to grab my license because he would let me drive.  I told him to drive first and I would drive on the way back.  We drove for a while and I got to talk to Nick.  As we started heading back, he decided to floor it and commented on the trail of dust behind the car.  I noticed that some of the smoke was coming from the hood of his car and at the light we smelled anti-freeze.  We pulled over at the forest preserve, popped the hood and waited.  He added some more coolant and it was just draining through.  (This is a problem he knew he had but had put off fixing)  He needed water so he said, "It's time for our Mother's Day walk."  Luckily there was a water pump not too far.  We got in and made a go of it.  We didn't get too far and decided not to risk it.  So, there we were at the park, waiting for the tow truck.  I like to think of it as my "Mother's Day Adventure."  I loved the extra time I got to spend talking with him.

Nick was able to fix the car himself and it is drivable.

The family has now decided that I should just walk everywhere since I am a jinx when it comes to cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment