Saturday, January 25, 2014

Who let the dogs out?

This morning I had to do a little shoveling on our driveway.  We got maybe an inch of snow over night.  I try to keep up with the shoveling.  We are supposed to get a little more snow tonight.

RT was out there with me.  He was shoveling the side yard a little for the dogs.  The dogs happened to be outside with us.  They usually just hang around and stand where you want to shovel (well, Pippen does).  Not many people walking their dogs lately because of the cold temps.

I try to keep an eye on Pippen.  I'm always afraid he's going to run off after another dog.  I don't worry too much about Newton.  He usually hangs by the garage when it's super cold.

At one point I realized the dogs were gone.  RT said, they're probably running around the back.  I worried.  Pippen might get into his psycho attack dog mode (which is really his I want to play mode, but, is mistaken as mean, attack dog).  I heard the neighbor's dog in their yard barking and was afraid Pippen was paying him a visit.

I ran to the back of our house and called them. 

I see Pippen running towards me with a bone in his mouth.  They weren't by the dog that was outside, they were visiting our next door neighbor (who also has a dog).  I thought that Pippen dug up a bone he found in the snow in the neighbors yard. 

I realize that this little escape was led by Newton.  Newton knows that this neighbor will give him cookies if he walks up to their back door 
 
I call Newton (who has suddenly lost his hearing).  He's wandering around the neighbor's yard.  I walk up to Newton and tap him on the back so he knows I'm there.  His hearing is still not working and he is doing a great job ignoring me.  My neighbor pops out and tells me the dogs came to his door a few times and he gave them some cookies.  This last time he gave them a big dog bone.  I thanked him and told Newton to go home.  I was excited because he actually heard me and started walking.  He trotted a little, right up to the back door of the neighbors house! 

Apparently, that is Newton's home.  The one with the unlimited cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment