Monday, July 27, 2020

Chicken Tacos

Yes, I'm a vegetarian / vegan.  But, remember, I live with carnivores.  During quarantine, I made quite a few vegan and vegetarian meals.  My family enjoyed my cooking.  I think they liked the normalcy of  sitting down for dinner and enjoying a nice meal.  After a couple of months of these meals, I decided that I should branch out a little and make them something that they would like to eat.  In other words, something with meat.  

I found this recipe for Chicken Tacos and thought I would give it a try.   It can be challenging trying new recipes when you can't taste them.  I rely heavily on my customer's  family's input.

I am pleased to report that after making these Chicken Tacos, I received a thumbs up from everyone.  In fact, they asked that these tacos become part of a meal rotation.  I would call that a success!  

Well, enough talking.  Let's get down to cooking.  Here's the recipe:

Chicken Tacos

ingredients:
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 TBSP oil
12 mini flour or corn tortillas
1 cup pico de gallo
1 avocado, diced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 lime, cut into wedges

directions:
In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.  Mix and then rub the mixture onto the chicken.
Heat oil in large skillet.  Cook chicken until golden brown, making sure the chicken is cooked through.  Let chicken cool before dicing into bite size pieces.

Serve chicken in tortillas.  Top them with the pico de gallo, avocado, cilantro and lime.


If you try these Chicken Tacos, let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment