Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Airport

 If there is one thing I hate doing, it's driving to the airport.  

There's the traffic. 
Lane closures.  
More traffic.  
Police officers letting you know, "YOU CAN'T PARK THERE!"  
Traffic.  
Circling the terminals (while waiting for the travelers)
Police officers yelling, "KEEP MOVING!"
Crazy taxi drivers.
Flight delays.
Even more traffic.

Recently, I had to drive to the airport to drop a car off.  Instead of bringing the person all the way back to our house, it made sense to just bring their car to save them 45 minutes to 2 hours of driving time (Chicago traffic).  I enlisted my brother to drive one of the cars (I needed a car to get back home) and we set out for this long journey.  

I would like to say that everything went smoothly.  That we got there at a perfect time, not a lot of traffic and circled a few times.  Well, that did happen.  The only thing that didn't happen was the travelers' arrival.  

I should probably state that the "traveler" is my son.  I should also mention that the "traveler" gave me the wrong arrival day.  So, as much as I hate driving to the airport, I now had to make this journey two days in a row.

The "traveler" made it safely to his car and has apologized for his mistake.   

My brother is a saint for being a trooper and helping out.

And I'm just hoping I don't have to drive to the airport for awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment