Monday, September 18, 2023

Retail Problems

 Time for another installment of retail problems.  This is where you get to read about the weirdos people who step out into the world and try to interact normally with other humans.

I have been working Customer Service lately, handling returns for both our store and Amazon.  There is a noticeable difference between the customers returning merchandise to our store and those just returning to Amazon.  Our store customers are (usually) a lot nicer to us employees.  Of course, there are always the scary strange odd situations that occur on a daily basis.  

We have a guy who makes store returns.  He likes to return old produce purchased from another store.  I'm not sure why he doesn't return to where he purchased the food.  I'm afraid to ask.  He has receipts for his purchases.  The receipts can be up to 3 months old.  I don't think produce can last three months long.  His produce is hot, old, squishy and smelly (that's the only way I can describe it...nicely).  I guess I could give you my honest reaction and say I'm trying to keep myself from getting sick while doing the return.  His reason for his returns?  "My wife didn't like it."  I wouldn't like three-month-old lettuce, either.  Nor would I like mushy, moldy cucumbers.  I'm sick just writing about it.

Moving on...

We have another woman who is a frequent "returner."  She likes to bring in items that have been opened.  For example, a half-eaten steak, a half-eaten bag of chips, half bag of pistachios, part of a chocolate bar.  She has receipts for these items.  They are, of course, purchased at another location.  Apparently, that location has flagged her and will not let her return anything to that store.  Her reason for returning these items?  "My husband didn't like it."  I have yet to meet this "husband."  Does he like anything she buys?  Does she even have a husband?  Is this just her entertainment or social interaction?  If she does have a husband, maybe he should do the grocery shopping!  There will probably be a lot less returns.  

And one more before I go....

I had a woman who wanted a refund on two beers that she did not drink.  She purchased them a couple weeks ago from a different store.  Who returns beer?  Does everyone go through their pantry and return items they haven't consumed?  Is this normal behavior?

All I know is, you can't make this stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment