Friday, August 4, 2023

Retail Problems

 Another day, another customer story.

Normally I post about the weird scary crazy customers that I encounter at work.  Today I thought I would do something a little different.

A customer came in to do some Amazon returns (that alone can be a whole discussion).  He had his wife's phone because she was in the hospital.  He had no idea how to work the phone or how to do the returns.  He's probably in his late 70's and has no idea how to work an Iphone.  I stepped in and took over the phone and went through all of the steps for the returns for each item.  As I'm finishing up, he tells me he is very grateful for my help with the phone and the returns.  He goes on to tell me that his wife is in the hospital and that he almost lost her.  I told him that it was no problem, that I was happy to help and wished his wife a speedy recovery.

Moral of the story:  Not all customer encounters are scary.


No comments:

Post a Comment